Thursday 21 December 2006

Floods in Johor

Santa Claus is coming to town?

No,more like the flood is coming to town.

There's a terrible flood going on in Johor which concerns me,particularly my hometown, Segamat.Both my grandfather's shop and house are affected by the flood.

Guess what Abdul Ghani said,he says it's god's will.

What the heck?


Roads to Segamat are currently unaccessable.My eldest Uncle and Aunt are trapped in the shop [trying to save the goods in the shop] and my grandparents and a cousin sister are trapped at home.With no electricity and food supply,I can't imagine the situation going on there.My uncle and aunt are trapped without food;My aunt was almost flushed away by the water;And my grandparents are trapped in the first floor of the house without electricity;The cars are totally soaked in water;And the goods in the shop are totally ruined.

My cousin managed to abuse some connection,trying to get them out from the house,but my grandparents refuse to leave the house.I doubt you and I have the same thing in mind--What are they thinking?The telephone line and electricity supply has been cut,there's no way to keep in touch with them except their cell phones,but the batteries are dying slowly.How long can the battery last?

This is the worst flood that happens in these 10 years.

3 comments:

Tsae Yun said...

hey, i heard of the serious flood in johor too. hopefully ur grandparents n relatives wil be alright soon =)

Anonymous said...

sad to hear that. take care!

Leeza said...

poor you... i'm sorry to hear that..

i kinda heard it over the news here in Calgary.. imagine that, something about Malaysia worth mentioning halfway across the globe must be very important then.

and i heard that the toll price went up too. maybe i should walk to uni.